Friday, January 26, 2018

Jolyn...

Jolyn. 

She's just a kitty...and a calico at that...which means that she's an unlikely choice for me to fall in love with.  She's independent, smart, a good hunter, and has the uncanny ability to run underneath the cows without spooking them!  They ignore her time and again, as she runs anywhere she pleases without getting so much as the swish of a tail.  That's asking a lot of a cow.

This morning I found her curled up in a pile of hay in front of this first calf heifer.  You can barely see her, but she found a warm spot to take a quick snooze...



This picture was taken a couple of years ago...


She makes a warm scarf on cold mornings!

5 comments:

  1. What a nice kitty! I love calico kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolyn is a pretty cat. Our barn cats are very different than the house cats we used to have. Our barn cats are dashing in front of tractors and in between the herd of cows without any problems. They don't mind heavy machinery and loud noises. I have several who go and get their face licked by the calves every morning. If I have a sick calf, I have one who will chose to lay beside the sick calf.

    The other evening my son was bringing in a huge round bale of hay for my calves and as he dropped the bale down, a grey cat leaped in front and my son thought he had crushed the cat. He said, "Mom,I think I just crushed your grey cat under that bale". A huge bale weighs about 700 lbs. But no, she was safe and sound on the other side.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do miss barn cats. They keep the mouse population in check. She is a pretty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy has a cat that will follow him out to the heifer corral.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!